Join now - be part of our community!

matsita dvd

trees
Visitor

matsita dvd

hello,my vaio pcv-w1 is crasht.my dvd burner(matshita)is dead to.
i also have a external dvd player,but i cant startup from it with my recoverydisc,in the bios its on first startup,but it dosnt work.
what kind of dvdburner i can buy to replace it with the matshita??
and can i do it myself,i called vaio services for 4 weeks(50cents a min)but after 20 min.still nobody on the phone.a new burner is cheaper

2 REPLIES 2
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi trees and welcome to Club Vaio.

Unfortunately you cannot boot your Vaio from an external CD Drive.

You can obviously get into the BIOS so you could try to start up in Safe Mode:

Turn on your Vaio and when you see the first Vaio splash screen, tap F8 several times. This should open a screen with startup options. Using the up/down arrow keys select Safe Mode (I think it is the default). Press Enter. Does Windows open? The screen will look odd because it will be using a default VGA screen driver. Start -> All programs -> Accessories -> System Tools -> System Restore. Choose to restore your computer to a previous date and choose a date (in Bold text) when your Vaio was working. Reboot.

If it wont work in Safe mode try selecting "Last Known Good Configuration" from the startup options screen and see if this works.

Your Vaio has a laptop drive and I think it is very difficult to replace - you will probably need an engineer to replace it.

If you can get your Vaio to boot, you could try updating the firmware for the drive to see if this kicks it into life. There are updates for your model for two Matshita drives at VAIO-LINK - make sure you select the one for your drive.

I hope some of this helps but I suspect you may need a new drive fitted.

:slight_frown:

trees
Visitor

when i chose for safe mode or last known,,,,it still just startup normal,and then i get a bleu stop screen