Join now - be part of our community!

WHITE SCREEN ERROR ON VGN-FE31H

tony_montana_83
Visitor

WHITE SCREEN ERROR ON VGN-FE31H

:thinking: I purchased a Vaio FE31H a week ago and after working perfectly for a week the screen suddenly went completely white and has remained so since. The laptop will turn on & makes the VAIO sound effect as if booting up but the screen remains white. I have tried changing the screen contrast & this is not the problem and have removed the battery and tried it again but still it remains white. In addition, I have plugged in another monitor before starting up the laptop but no input appears on the new monitor and the laptop screen remains white. Does anyone have any ideas please as I cannot narrow down the problem?

1 REPLY 1
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi tony_montana_83 and welcome to Club Vaio.

The best thing you can do as your Vaio is new is to take it back to the shop and ask for a replacement. This should not happen to a new Vaio.

As you can't do this before Tuesday, have you tried pressing Fn+F7 - this may turn on the external VGA output to an external monitor. If the external monitor works then the video card is OK and it is probably a wiring fault. If you get no display your graphics card is probably faulty.

As your screen is white, the backlight and Inverter are working OK and it is a LCD problem.

:wink: