Join now - be part of our community!

problem with dvd-r from vaio VGN-FE31M

problem with dvd-r from vaio VGN-FE31M

Hello,i wish a happy new year to all!!i have just bought a sony vaio VGN-FE31M and i have a problem with the dvd-r.During the first two days the drive was working properly but from today windows cannot load the driver..Let's mention that the exact model of the drive is MATSHITA(panasonic) DVD-RAM UJ-850S.In adittion i have searched the web for the driver but i found nothing,the same with the sony official website,so..does anybody knows a link where i can download another driver to test with or have any ideas in order to solve the problem?thank you very much!

5 REPLIES 5
profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

Hi nightstalker_ceid. Happy New Year and welcome to Club Vaio.

Have a look in Device Manager

Start -> Right-Click My Computer -> Properties -> Hardware -> Device Manager

Expand CD/DVD-ROM Drives. Is there a yellow warning triangle next to your drive? If there is, double click on it. Is there an error code? What is it? I hope you have an error as this is usually easier to fix. If it is code 19, 31, 32, 39 or 41 we can fix it.

If there is no triangle and it says the drive is working normally, check the firmware version your drive is using. If it is 1.0 then there is a newer version 1.01 available at VAIO-LINK

You say Windows cannot load the drivers - there are no specific drivers for the drive as it uses the generic Windows CD Drivers and it will rely on other programs like WinDVD, Nero, Roxio for its DVD functions.

:thinking:

Well,i've just looked the error code and the number is 39..the exact description:

Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)..

that's why i've said before Windows cannot load the device driver,the problem is that despite of unistalling the driver and reinstalling it,the problem is still there..any ideas?:smileyhappy: :thinking:

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

A small Registry edit will fix your problem. Be careful and don't change anything else while you are in the Registry.

1.Click Start > Run and type REGEDIT and hit enter.

2. Navigate to –

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}

and highlight it. Then locate UpperFilters in the right hand window, (if it exists) right click on this and select Delete and then OK.

3. Under the same Registry Key locate LowerFilters, (if it exists) right click on this and select Delete and then OK.

4. Quit Registry Editor and re-boot the computer, new registry values will be created that will hopefully cure the problem.

After you remove the Upperfilters value and the Lowerfilters value, you may possibly need to re-install your burning software – but not necessarily.

Good Luck !

:smileygrin:

problem solved!!
thank you very much,by the way,nice forum!!i think tha we will meet again in here.. :laughing: thanks again!

profile.country.GB.title
Blencogo
Expert

I'm pleased you have fixed your problem.

Yes, please come back - we're quite a friendly Club.

Hope you enjoy your Vaio.

:smileygrin: